We are very proud of our students here at Grace Academy Darlaston and this week, we are celebrating all the hard work that our students have put in this half term. Throughout this week we have been rewarding all of the students that have displayed excellent behaviour and attendance.
After listening to our pupils and their feedback , the students were rewarded with a Games Lunch for our pupils in years 10 and 11, and sweet cones for our pupils in years 7 – 9. During the Year, the students in Years 7 – 9 will be able to get involved with the Games Lunch if they display the correct behaviour and have excellent attendance, and the pupils in Year 10 and 11 will also be able to receive a sweet cone, should they meet the same criteria.
Next half term, pupils have a chance at being rewarded every week by form tutors with an array of prizes and the chance to watch a Christmas film on the big screen, with snacks thrown in!
Here at Grace Academy, we also recognise the importance of rewarding pupils for demonstrating our five key values within lessons and around the Academy. As part of this system, we will be using gold stars (a stamp given to pupils who demonstrate our five key values), behaviour points, and attendance for pupils in Key Stage 3 and 4. For our Post-16 pupils, we will be developing our rewards system to reflect the needs of pupils that recognise their contributions towards Academy life.
As a result of pupil and parental feedback, we have implemented the following;
- Gold stars can be used to purchase items within our Grace shop at scheduled times of the year
- Each half term is treated as a fresh start, giving pupils the opportunity to work towards the end of half term reward each half term
- Rewards are varied to meet the needs of pupils in all year groups
- There are opportunities every lesson to achieve a gold star (Year 7 – 11)
- Post 16 pupils have a bespoke rewards programme that fits into how and why they are rewarded.
If you have any questions at all regarding our rewards system, please do not hesitate to get in touch.