Year 7 Catch Up Premium Report 2019/20
What is “Catch up Premium?”
The literacy and numeracy catch-up premium gives schools additional funding to support year 7 students who did not achieve at the expected score for reading and/or maths at the end of key stage 2 (KS2).
How many children at Grace Academy are eligible for Catch up Premium?
Based on KS2 data, we now believe that:
- 47 (26.4%) students were working below the expected standard in English in year 7
- 38 (21.3%) students were working below the expected standard in Maths in year 7
- 29 (16.3%) students were working below expected in both Maths & English in year 7
This means that we received a Catch-up Premium allocation of £31,300
In order to support these pupils, the money has been allocated to:
- Additional learning resources for Literacy and Maths, including online learning platforms including Nessy phonics and Nessy numbers, carefully monitored and tracked to support progress across the curriculum.
- Intervention support programme for English and Maths delivered by specialist teachers
- Teaching groups and co-ordinated waved interventions
- Peer and adult reading mentors for a weekly programme
|Catch Up Premium Funding 2019/20|
|Catch Up Premium Allocation||£31,300|
|Catch Up Premium Spend 2019/20|
|Student Support and Nurture||£31,204|
Impact of provision
Through summative assessments catch up students on average have made more progress than their peers throughout the year.
Catch up students in year 7 were on track to meet their expected progress and most were on track to surpass their expected progress.
If you have any queries about the Year 7 Catch up Premium initiative relating to 2019/20 or prior, please visit the DfE website (https://www.gov.uk/year-7-literacy-and-numeracy-catch-up-premium-guide-for-schools), or contact Miss Hannah Cole – firstname.lastname@example.org
2020/21 Covid-19 Catch up Premium